If you have ever been faced with the huge decision of choosing a university which in more ways than one is a determinant of your future aspirations, career-wise— then we bet you are in the known that it could quite be a herculean task.
Even in the presence of the preferred university’s website, the information may be unrelating and crowded hence the need for a more relatable platform where prospective applicants can deduce what a said university is about to choose a pick.
This article seeks to offer that service to all prospective students of the Cape Peninsula University of Technology by divulging all salient information in the simplest of terms.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology has the bragging rights when it comes to being the only University of Technology in the Western Cape. Suggestive of the name, the University is situated in Cape Town, South Africa.
The university was established in 2005 by the merging of two universities namely Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon.
Known widely as CPUT, the university is a public, the largest university in the province with a student population of 32,000 as of 2010, over 70 programmes and five campuses.
Cape Peninsula University of Technology Ranking
CPUT is ranked at 2332 globally with an Impact rank at 2488, Presence at 3090, Openness at 2488 and Excellence at 2295.
Admission Requirements at CPUT
The management at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology has made it clear to prospective students to make sure they meet the minimum requirements before applying to the university.
There are specific requirements that will be needed for chosen programmes. To find out about the requirements for selected programmes, visit this PAGE.
Meanwhile, all applicants who passed through the Cambridge system should pay special attention to the below;
- 1. A pass of at least five different subjects of the IGCSE and HIGCSE study levels, of which at least two are HIGCSE level subjects.
- 2. A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- 3. Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
CPUT Online Application – How To Apply
- Choose your preferred qualifications and the requirement
- Get your documents intact and ready to upload them including all supporting documents
- Complete your application by filling in all the spaces
- Make sure to submit your application in time to avoid late application and overcrowding
Before Applying, Make Sure You Have;
- A valid email address
- Active cellphone number
- A South African ID number
- A passport if applying as in International Student
CPUT Application Fee
Applicants are required to pay an application fee of R100. This fee will not be refunded under any circumstance.
For late applications, applicants will have to pay a penalty of R150, equally not refundable. Note that paying this fee does not guarantee admission but is required for your admission to be processed.
Registration/Registration Fee at CPUT
For 2022, the registration fee at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology is between R100 to R300. Students who are under NSFAS funding have their registration covered.
Students who wrote their final Grade 12 exams in 2020 or earlier had from Monday, January 31st to Friday, February 18th 2022 to register.
How To Register at CPUT
- Click to the Students tab on the CPUT website
- Click on the “Student Online Services (SOS)” link
- Or use the direct link www.cput.ac.za/sos
- “Registered Users”, will appear
- Select ‘Student’ and type in your student number & PIN, and click “Login”
- Proceed to register
- For all information regarding the processes of registration, visit https://www.cput.ac.za/students/about/registration
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology has a total of six faculties with over 80 undergraduates and postgraduates programmes up for grabs. CPUT is also open to offering career-specific short courses.
The Faculties are;
- Applied Sciences
- Business and Management Sciences
- Health and Wellness Sciences
- Informatics and Design
Courses Offered at CPUT
CPUT has over 80 programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students. For all courses and have a fair idea as to which programme to pursue kindly visit courses offered at CPUT
Application Dates at CPUT
The application dates for the 2023/2024 academic year is expected to be opened in May 2022. The application window will run through May until the end of November.
Also, the closing date of an application may be dependent on the programme chosen. This window will be opened for all prospective applicants seeking admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Masters & doctoral qualifications.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology has made available the university’s prospectus for viewing, downloading and printing.
The prospectus contains information on courses, admission requirements and all admission application information. This will serve as a guide to make the application processes and also to enhance a rather smooth transition into the university.
- CPUT Undergraduate Prospectus 2022 – Download PDF
- CPUT Postgraduate Prospectus 2022 – Download PDF
- CPUT International Prospectus 2022 – Download PDF