Stellenbosch University is by far the oldest university in South Africa, additionally the oldest extant university in sub-Saharan Africa. The older is indeed the better and Stellenbosch is not only old by the sakes of it. It has lived the years since its establishment in 1918 to diligently hallmark a distinct education to all students who pass through the corners of the school.
Stellenbosch University is a public research university that is situated in Stellenbosch, one of the towns in Western Cape province. The university is committed to research as an integral part of its mission.
Simply abbreviated as SU, this University has a student population of 31765 as of 2018. It is ranked at number 317 in Best Global Universities coming at 200 worldly in law, politics, and geography.
Stellenbosch commits Afrikaans inclusive in teaching and learning in a multilingual context making about one of the few universities focusing on this approach in South Africa.
Amongst its tall list of alums are Johann Rupert, J.B.M Hertzog, Alfred Hengari et al. If you are looking for a university that will propel you with a sound education that strengthens the spirit, then this is the right dial.
- Applicants must have scored a 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans), and
- Applicants must have an achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects.
Calculating Your National Senior Certificate Average
- To calculate add your highest score in Language of learning and teaching either English or Afrikaans to (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life Orientation, Advanced Mathematics, Mathematics 3 and any other non-NSC subjects). The total is then divided by 6.
How To Apply To Stellenbosch University
Before you apply to the University, you may want to do these first;
- Exploring your option by looking deliberating at all the programmes the university offers before finally deciding to settle on the very one which will work for you.
- After exploring, do make sure you meet all the requirements and the specific criteria.
- Complete and submit your application forms before the closing date.
- Track your application status
- And when you finally get your admission confirmation, you can happily accept the offer.
Now How To APPLY
- Visit http://www.sun.ac.za/english/maties
- Follow the prompts and fill out all spaces with required details
- You will be given a unique number that you may use to track your application
- Submit all of your documents, making sure you include the most recent results to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note that faculties have limited slots available so interested persons are always advised to apply early
- Also note that being given a student’s number does not mean you have been accepted into the University. The number is actually for easy and confidential communication between applicants and the school.
- You must have an active and working email address, an active cell phone number and a home address
Cost Of Stellenbosch Application Forms
Stellenbosch University charges South African nationals for application forms or fees of R100 whereas international applicants are exempted from this charge. Note that this fee paid is not refundable even if the university denies you admission.
Stellenbosch University Registration
Registration is open. Below is the schedule;
- 17 January 2022: Start of online registration for undergraduate senior and postgraduate students.
- 26 January 2022: Start of online registration for newcomer first-year students.
- 7 – 8 February 2022: On-campus registration (NARGA) of newcomer first-years on Stellenbosch campus as per the registration schedule below.
- 8 – 10 February 2022: On-campus registration for senior students on Stellenbosch campus as per the registration schedule below.
- 10 February 2022: Conclusion of registration for all students (excluding M and D students)
- 14 February 2022: Start of the academic year
- 25 February 2022: Final day for late registration for undergraduate and postgraduate students (excluding M and D students)
Application Date for 2023/2024 Academic Year
Here is the schedule;
- 1st March- opened applications for all programmes and residences
- 30th June- applications closed for all undergraduate programmes and residences
- 20th February- applications closed for diploma and an advanced diploma in public accountability
Make SURE to submit your application forms with;
- Grade 11 or Grade 12 results or an academic transcript if applicable
- Parents or guardians and yourself need to append their respective signatures on the form
- Proof of payment of R100 if you are a South African national
- Proof of payment or residence if you are an international applicant
- Student support form for students with disabilities
When Does The Academic Year Begin
Each academic year consists of two semesters with the first one running from February to June and the second from July to November. Click on this LINK to have full insight into the academic calendar.
Every institution has its own rules and regulations as to which stuffs a prospective student must know before finally entering the premises of the said institution, and Stellenbosch University is not exempted.
We as an educational website are more than pleased to present to you the 2022 prospectus for Stellenbosch University.
Stellenbosch University 2022 Prospectus
Stellenbosch University has ten faculties. Enlisted below are all ten if these faculties.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Medicine and Health Science
- Military Science
- For undergraduate programmes, click here.
- For postgraduate programmes, click here.
- For non-degree studies (exchanges and summer schools), click here.
- For short courses, click here.
2 thoughts on “Stellenbosch University Online Application”
I want to ask if I can apply for a B-tech – Engineering ( project management), under a Basary?
Is it still possible to apply at stellenbosh
Comments are closed.