The university of the Durban University of Technology came to be from the merging of Technikon Natal and ML Sultan Technikon known formerly as Durban Institute of Technology in 2002. It is situated in KwaZulu Natal. The University has five campuses in Durban and two in Pietermarizburg. DUT is a public university.
The University enrolled about 30, 439 students as of April 2021. DUT as it is popularly called is one of the five universities in Africa that offers Doctorate Degrees with the current Chancellor as Thandwa Zizwe Mthembu.
DUT is ranked 100th place in Ethical Value and at the 300th spot by the World’s Universities With Real Impact.
Alan Khan, Celeste Ntuli, and Schabir Shaik are amongst their list of Alums. With Learn.Think.Do as their motto, DUT is the best deal.
The minimum entry requirement for Durban University is a National Senior Certificate with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution. This has to be certified by the council for General and Further Education and Training.
Minimum Entry Requirement For Diploma
- National Senior Certificate with a minimum pass of 30% pass in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution with an achievement rate of 3 (40-49%) or better in any four recognized NSC-20 credits subject.
- For instance, a Diploma in Data metrics might require a pass at a prescribed level in Mathematics or Information Technology.
Minimum Entry Requirement For Bachelor’s Degree
- National Senior Certificate with a minimum pass of 30% pass in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution with an achievement rate of 4 ( adequate achievement 50-59%) or better in any four recognized NSC-20 credits subjects.
Points Needed At DUT
A prospect applicant needs a minimum score of 30% which excludes Life Orientation, 2x approved languages with one being English.
DUT is a six faculties University. Here is a list of the faculties;
- Accounting and Informatics
- Applied Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
- Arts and Design
How To Apply To Durban University of Technology
Before anyone applies to the Durban University of Technology, they will need the following;
- An active email address
- A South African Identification Number
- A passport number if you are an international student
- Log in to https://www.dut.ac.za/international_school/how_to_apply/
- Click on the specific course you wish to offer. This can be found in the career leaf or the study opportunities
- Key in all necessary information at all spaces
- In case you are unable to successfully apply online, you may print out the forms and send them to the address found at the right of the list
- Here is a complete guide to making your application easier. Click on this LINK to view
Courses Offered at Durban University of Technology
DUT spoils applicants with choice when it comes to courses offered. They have a wide range of courses that nurtures and propel students for the competitive world outside the bounds of the school.
Each of the six faculties have their set of specific courses offered.
Durban University of Technology Application Fee
Yes, DUT requires an application fee of R220 from all South African Nationals and R250 from all international students. The application fee is non-refundable and will not guarantee your admission.
CAO however charges R250 from all South African students and R300 from international students.
Durban University of Technology Registration
The Durban University of Technology is requiring a registration fee between R100 and R500. Students must pay this fee before applying. Again, this fee is non-refundable.
- Registration Timetable for 2022 New Students
- Registration Timetable for 2022Returning Students
- PMB Registration Timetable for 2022 New and Returning Students
Application dates for 2022/2023 have been opened. All persons interested to study at DUT can apply now. It is open from this February to September 2022.
Further information about everything application can be accessed from https://www.dut.ac.za/
Dublin University of Technology Prospectus
- Undergraduate Prospectus- Download
- Postgraduate Prospectus- Download
- International Prospectus- Download
- Click on http://www.cao.ac.za/MyApplicationLogin.aspx?
- Select one of the following CAO number OR ID number OR Passport number
- Enter the respective number of the selected option
- Submit to view status