The University of Kwazulu-Natal was birthed on January 1st, 2004 following the merging of the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville. It has five campuses all in the province of Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa.
The University of Kwazulu-Natal is ranked at number 351 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education and has an overall score of 3.9 stars to its credit according to reviews left by students on their portal.
In 2019-2020, the Center for World University Rankings ranked KwaZulu-Natal at 424. The university seeks to be one of the recognized universities that reflects the true culture of the very geographical area it finds itself. It equally aims at making the African continent a better one in terms of education, development, and productivity.
Amongst the list of the university’s renowned alums are Sihle Zikalala, Tshepo Motsepe, Adriana Marais plus more. The University thrives in inspiring greatness.
The University has stated clearly that any interested applicant must adhere to the below if they want to be considered for admission. Before applying as a first-timer, be certain to upload all documents required which include;
- A copy of one’s school qualification that is either Senior Certificate or anyone accepted
- A copy of official tertiary academic records if applicable. Note that internet copies will not be accepted
- Your identification card if you are a South African national and a passport if an international student
- Copy of your marriage certificate if it is applicable and proof of divorce if otherwise
- A sworn translation of language if they are not in English but Afrikaans
- All applicants applying for undergraduate degree programmes but have National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies or a Senior Certificate with endorsement
- Applicants applying for undergraduate Diploma Programmes must have either a Senior Certificate or a National Senior Certificate
Minimum Requirement is National Senior Certificate with a minimum 30% pass in the language of teaching and learning of the higher education institution as certified by Umalusi in addition to an achievement rating at 3 ( Moderate achievement 40- 49 %) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
How To Apply To University of KwaZulu-Natal
Before applying for any programme at KwaZulu Natal, all applicants must make sure they have;
- Valid and active email address
- Cell phone number
- Residential address
- And have all the required documents the university seeks.
How To Apply
- Click on this link https://erpweb.ukzn.ac.za/pls/ukznint/gen.gw1pkg.gw1view
- Follow the prompts to fill out all required boxes
- Undergrads applying directly must visit here
- First-time South African Students may visit HERE
- Postgraduate applicants may click on this LINK
- International applicants may click on this LINK
Courses Offered at KwaZulu-Natal University
Arguably, the University of KwaZulu-Natal offers a wide range of courses making them the best in South Africa. UKZNoffers these courses at reasonable fees. It must be noted that unlike in high school where a school indulges in teaching all courses in the same compound or premises, it differs here at KwaZulu.
As an educational body propelling competitive and globally recognized courses, it has adequately grouped its courses as per campus to mean that, each campus has an assigned and dedicated course/s they offer.
- School of Applied Human Sciences
- School of Arts
- School of Built Environment and Development Studies
- School of Education
- School of Religion, Philosophy and Classics
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Agricultural, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Chemistry and Physics
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- health Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Nursing and Public Health
- Laboratory Medicine and Medical Sciences
- School of Law
- Graduate School of Business and Leadership
- School of Management, IT and Governance
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Fee
All students are supposed to pay an application fee. Applicants must bear in mind that payment of this fee will or does not guarantee their admission. The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- On-time application attract a fee of R200
- The late application attracts a fee of R400
- SADC and the rest of Africa attracts a fee of R470
- Outside Africa attracts a fee of $147
University of KwaZulu-Natal registration
Applicants must make sure to pay the due registration before starting the process. The registration fee will not be refunded. Payment of the fee in no way means your application will be successful.
The registration fee is R4000 and can be paid either by cash, credit card, direct bank deposit, or electronic funds transfer. Cash payments must be made at the Cashiers Office, Kramer Building, Middle Campus, UKZN.
- To register, click on https://registration.ukzn.ac.za/
- In a case where one is unable to register online, they can print out the filled and completed registration form and send it to the school’s office
- Applicants are advised to send in their completed application forms as early as possible
- Registration is slated to end is 25th February 2022
- Application dates for the 2023/2024 academic year are expected to be opened come 1st April 2022.
- Applications to programmes of medicine are expected to be closed on June 30th and September 30th 2022 for all undergraduate programmes
- For further enquiries with anything that concerns itself with application dates, click on this LINK.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal has made available the prospectus for viewing, downloading, and printing.