The purpose of this article is to enlighten the masses about what WCED is about, WCED online application, WCED requirements, and other related information as far as Western Cape Education Department is concerned.
What is WCED
WCED is an abbreviation for Western Cape Education Department. It is one of the departments of the government of the Western Cape and it takes care of primary and secondary education in the Western Cape province in South Africa.
It is formed in 1994 and the leader of the department is the provincial minister of education. It has over 40,181 and has its headquarters at the Grand Central Towers. The annual budget is R11, 845,691,000.
The sectors include Education, Government, and Provincial. Topics treated here include bullying, children, violence in schools and educational institutions, and Youth and Violence.
Resources of the WCED
The resources of the WCED include
- WCED eLearning Portal
- Matric Support Resources
- Adult Matric Information
What Is The Purpose Of WCED?
The sole purpose is to take care of public students who are in grades one through to grades 12. They make sure to provide specialized educational services by subsidizing and supporting Grade R education.
What Is The WCED Safe Schools Programme?
The WCED safe schools programme does its bit to work with schools to make sure that schools have the safest and most convivial environment for teaching and learning to go on smoothly.
The strategies that the WCED employs to make these possible may include the installation of security systems, encouraging great learners relationship between students and teachers, and also by making propelling the community to ensure they support the provision of safe schools environment.
This safe school initiative works hand in hand with the local police and designated organizations in the communities such as the neighborhood watches and community policing forums.
When applying, these are what parents are supposed to provide;
- An official school report of the child and this one must be the last report before he or she is applying
- An identification certificate of the child or a passport of the learner
- For those applying as international students, they will need to provide a study permit
- The applicant should be able to provide proof of an application or a police affidavit
- The applicant should also provide an immunization card
- The applicant should equally provide proof of residence which includes rates account, lease agreement, and an affidavit that confirms that residence
- The applicant must make sure to choose at least three schools nearby
WCED Online Application – How To Apply Online
To apply online, kindly follow these steps;
- Click on this link https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za/admissions/login
- Key in your username and password
- Once you do, proceed to complete the forms and upload all documents, including supporting documents
How To Register
To register, kindly follow these simple steps;
- First and foremost, visit the official portal by clicking on this link https://wcedeportal.co.za/register. The link takes you to the page to the registration portal
- Once on the page, click on the register button. This can be found at the top right corner of the page
- You now proceed to select from your respective qualification. Whether you are 1. A learner, 2. You want to contribute or 3. You are a teacher
- When you have selected your qualification, you can now fill out and complete the registration form
- The question includes your first and last name, email address, and password
How do The Applications work?
- If parents and guardians make mistakes during the application process, they should know it may result in the rejection of their application
- The WCED cannot guarantee that the schools chosen by the applicants are the same schools they will end up getting
- The onus on the school is to make the final admission decision. WCED will not take part in that decision-making process
How To Track WCED Online Application
To track your application status;
- Visit the WCED portal
- Click on the Track Your Application Status
- Proceed to select the name of the learner you applied for
- If your application was successful, it will be indicated
How Do I Contact WCED?
Below are the contact details
- General Enquiries. 0861 819 919. [email protected]. …
- Personal Assistant. 021 467 9280. [email protected]. …
- Head of Department. 021 467 2536. [email protected]. …
- Head of Office. 021 467 2534. [email protected]. …
- Communications. 021 467 2531 | 32.
- Box Address- Private Bag 9114, Cape Town, South Africa
- Website- https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/
Where Is WCED Located?
It is located at Grand Central Towers at the Lower Plein Street, Cape Town.
Who Is In Charge Of WCED?
Brent Walters is the Superintendent General of the WCED. He has been in power since April 1st, 2021.
Parents will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure a spot for their children. Parents who have been exempted from paying fees must make sure they pay the fees exemption levy.
Where Do Parents Go If They Do Not Find A Place?
In cases where parents are not finding any school for their children can contact the following;
- Metro Central
Ms Julie Cameron
Tel.: 021 514 6925
- Ms Shireen Khamaldien
Tel.: 021 514 6713
- Ms Lecruisa Parsons
Tel.: 021 514 6915
- Mr Patrick Mdledle
Tel.: 021 900 7047
- Mr Zukisa Cwayi
Tel.: 021 900 7040
- Mr Patrick Van Wyk
Tel.: 021 938 3178
- Ms Edwina Koopman
Tel.: 021 938 3106
WCED ePortal/ WCED Login
To log into the WCED portal, click on this link https://wcedeportal.co.za/user/login
Why Must You Register For WCED?
How Will I Be Able To Add eResource To The ePortal?
How do I apply for WCED online?
What time does Wced close?
Who is in charge of WCED?
The Minister of Education and his department are responsible for public schooling in the province from Grades 1 to 12.