Apply To University of South Africa (UNISA)
In this article, we are taking you through all the information you need to apply to the University of South Africa (UNISA). You will know how to apply via online and by Hardcopy paper-based application forms.
You are few steps away to study at UNISA in the context of application.
Now, let’s get into the application itself.
Note: Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible and not wait until closing date of application.
Applicants must only use one application format, it’s either you use the online application portal to apply to UNISA or hardcopy paper application forms to apply to UNISA. Don’t use both.
UNISA Online Application Qualification Requirements Documents
These are few but very important documents that applicants need to be able to apply to UNISA for study admission.
- Applicants need an email address to complete the application.
- South African Student applicants will need a Senior Certificate or Senior National Certificate. Whiles international Student applicants will need an equivalent certificate to qualify to study at UNISA
- South African Student applicants will provide Identity Card (ID Card). International Student applicants will need Passport Number
Note: The Grade 11/Grade 12 certificates are the Senior Certificate or the National Senior Certificate of South African Students
Now, let’s see how to apply to UNISA using online application format.
UNISA Online Application
Applicants who prefer to apply to UNISA using the online format must do so only through the University of South Africa website.
How To Apply To UNISA Using Online Application
- Visit the UNISA Online Application portal
- Read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Attach all copies of qualification requirements in a pdf format. (i.e certified copies of Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate.)
- Check and make necessary corrections before you click on the submit button to submit your application.
Remember: When applicants visit UNISA online application portal on their website, all types of qualification application forms are provided. So, applicants are advised to make sure they are applying to UNISA with the qualification course they want to study at the university. For example, applicants should know if they want to study for Undergraduate qualification or Masters Degree qualification and use the application forms thereof.
Now that we know the online application process to UNISA, let us look into UNISA hardcopy paper application forms.
UNISA Hardcopy Paper-based Application Forms.
Yes, UNISA applicants can also choose to apply for study admission at UNISA by using hardcopy Paper-base application forms.
UNISA Hardcopy Paper-based Application Qualification Requirements Documents
The qualification requirement documents For UNISA hardcopy paper-based application forms are the same as that of the online application requirement documents.
How to Apply to UNISA Using Hardcopy Paper-based Application Forms
- Applicants will download the application forms from UNISA website.
- Applicants should read and understand the application instructions before filling the forms.
- Applicants should attach copies of all qualification requirement documents. These include Grade 11/Grade 12 certificate, ID card or Passport Number
- Submit the completed application to UNISA
Submitting Application To UNISA
UNISA hardcopy paper-based applications can be sent only through UNISA postal address.
Note: Applicants must not fax their hardcopy paper-based application forms to UNISA.
UNISA Postal Address
University of South Africa
PO Box 392
UNISA Application Fees
- Applicants who apply through online will need to pay R105.
- Applicants who apply by hardcopy paper-based application forms will need to pay R260
Remember: We advised applicants to recheck and confirm payment details from the UNISA website before they proceed to make money transactions to UNISA.
UNISA Residence Accommodation
Applicants will need to specify on the application forms whether they need UNISA on-campus residence accommodation.
These are all what applicants have to know about applying to UNISA for study admission.
For further enquiries on UNISA application, we encourage you to visit UNISA website
With alternative, applicants can also make personal enquiries directly with UNISA through the below contact details.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 012 441 5888