Funza Lushaka bursary requirements
The Funza Lushaka bursary program is a move by the government to offer quality education through the Department of Basic Education and National Treasury which funds it, and the National Student Financial Aid which administers the funds. This is as a result of the realization that the success of the country depends on quality education. It is important therefore to support teachers who will, in turn, shape the future of the youth.
The bursary is valid on a yearly basis which means that successful applicants must reapply if they want the scheme to cover their full cost of education.
The bursaries are awarded to students who qualify for the following programs:
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
To qualify for the Funza Lushaka online application 2021 or in years to come, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a South African citizen who holds a valid ID
- You must have passed and already been accepted to an appropriate field of study at an institution of higher learning that is recognized.
- You must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career. In addition, you must be interested to work with young people and show a readiness to face, deal with, and overcome numerous challenges along the way.
- You must be a person with high integrity
The Funza Lushaka bursary 2021 application process is simple. All you have to do is follow these nine steps below:
- Go to the government’s e-portal at eservices.gov.za
- Supply your personal information to register
- Using the password and user name you just registered in the step above, log in to the system.
- Go to the e-service menu and select Funza Lushaka bursary scheme
- Key in the OTP on the preferred channel
- You must accept the terms and condition; it is advisable to read them so that you can understand everything.
- Click on 2021 application on the dashboard menu.
- Follow the prompts and complete the necessary fields by filling in your information.
- Accept the declaration as a confirmation that every information you have captured is true.