The University of the Witwatersrand receives tons of online applications from prospective students. The school’s online application system can be said to be a system that is easily accessible and we would be taking a look at how a prospective student can apply in this article.
Brief Biography About University of the Witwatersrand
Popularly known as WITS, the University of Witwatersrand is located in Johannesburg. The institution is a multi-campus South African public research university and it has its roots in the mining industry. The school was established in the year 1896 and at the initial stages, it was known as the South African School of Mines. WITS is the third oldest South African university in continuous operation.
Requirements To Apply University of the Witwatersrand
As a prospective student applying to WITS, you must have the following;
- An email
- Your national ID number (South African citizens) or your passport number (International students)
- You must be registered for the NBTs.
Things to know before you apply;
- As a prospective student, you can apply for a maximum of three programmes.
- If by chance you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, it is advisable that you apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty.
- You are also advised to try to keep your options open, and this is prudent when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- You are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens.
Online Application To University of the Witwatersrand
Once you decide to put forward your application, do the following;
- Visit the URL https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Once it opens, click on the ‘Don’t have an account yet?’ tab and when it opens, click on CREATE TEMPORARY ID. You will be required to fill in some details and when done filling the details, click on continue to confirm your temporary ID.
- When done, you can log in and start your application.