Wits University is indisputably one of the best institutions that students want to study at. Rated as one of the best universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities and Centre for World University Rankings, the citadel of learning was initially founded as the South African School of Mines in Kimberley in 1896. If you are considering applying to the institution, the necessary information, including Wits online application, the courses that they offer and the processes involved in the registration, are discussed in this article.
Fully known as the University of Witwatersrand, Wits is the third oldest South African university, and it has several campuses that are spread over 400 acres in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. As a multi-campus South African public research university, it is rooted in the mining industry. Wits has five faculties with more than 3,400 courses and 33 schools.
How do I register online at Wits?
Wits online registration is simple, and more important is the fact that the website is easy to navigate through. So, if you want to register online, all you have to do is to visit the official online application portal of the institution to create an account. Once you have done that, you would be able to log in and complete the registration process. However, here are a few things that you need to note when you are applying to the University of Wits.
To apply online,
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.