The Vaal University of Technology is a tertiary institution in South Africa and it attracts students from all over the country as well as the world. It is one of the largest residential Universities of Technology, with about 25,000 students, and one of the technologies the university uses to make life conducive for students is the online portal.
Thinking of how to access your VUT account, this article is for you as everything you need to access the portal is contained here.
The portal uses a Learning Management System (LMS) and this helps both the academic staff and students.
While on this portal, students can access all courses and course materials uploaded by the academic staff.
Below are steps to access the VUT BLACKBOARD PORTAL SYSTEM
Before you log in, you must have an internet connecting device – a laptop or phone.
• Once you get this, do the following;
• Visit your web browser
• Visit the URL https://vut.blackboard.com/webapps/login/
• Once it opens, enter your credentials – username and password and click on the login
• After a successful login, locate the Course Categories and select your School
• Then select your course or check for your course in your department.
NB: The above login link can be used in browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as
your browser to access VUTela.
However, if the above link doesn’t work, kindly use the link below;