The University of Pretoria (UP) in South Africa receives applications for their various undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes every year. These applications are submitted online and we would be looking at the step-by-step stage on how to apply online to the University of Pretoria.
The university which is ranked among the top universities in Africa and beyond has over a thousand programs to offer prospective students.
Requirements To Apply University of Pretoria
The requirements needed to apply to the University of Pretoria are different for the various levels of study (undergraduate and postgraduate). To check out the requirements, visit the link below;
The general things you need before stating your application are;
- Your email address
- The ID number for South African applicants and passport number for foreign applicants.
Other requirements include
The minimum requirements for formal admission to the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology are:
- Matriculation exemption
- English or Afrikaans (HG) (first language) – 5 (60-69%)
- Minimum for Mathematics (HG) – 6 (70%-79%)
- Minimum for Physical Science (HG) – 6 (70%-79%)
- Life Orientation – 4 (50-59%)
- Two other subjects
- Minimum APS score = 35
- Life Orientation is excluded from the calculation of the Admission Point Score (APS).
Admission to the Engage Programme will be determined on the basis of:
- Faculty selection
- Results of the Institutional Proficiency Test
- The National Senior Certificate
- 5 in Mathematics (Higher Grade)
- 4 in Physical Science (Higher Grade)
- 4 in Afrikaans or English
- Minimum APS score = 25
Online Application To University of Pretoria
To apply to UP after gathering all the requirements, visit the URL https://www.up.ac.za/online-application. Once it opens, click on apply now. There are other tabs you can explore to get additional information.
Before you apply, there is some general information you should have at the back of your mind. These are;
- The University of Pretoria starts receiving applications from 1 May of the year preceding the year of study.
- Before you are admitted, you must complete only one online application.
- When your online application is processed, a prospective student receives a student number(EMPLID) and it is noteworthy that receiving a student number (EMPLID) does mean you have been offered admission.
- To find out the closing dates for the various programmes of study, visit the URL https://www.up.ac.za/media/shared/368/2021/up_closing-dates-2022-final-pdf-20-april-2021.zp202474.pdf
Brief Biography About University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria, known as UP can be considered a multi-campus public research university. It is located in Pretoria which is the administrative and capital of South Africa. The renowned academic university was founded in 908.