UIF will announce the opening of the system for the new period once the work to configure its systems is complete, and provide guidelines to assist users with the application process.
The UIF has started processing and paying COVID-19 TERS claims for the period 16 September 2020 and 15 October 2020. Applications for this period close on 31 December 2020.
The UIF has also indicated that it has enough funds available to honor its commitments and that it has made provision for the anticipated spike resulting from mass retrenchments after the COVID-19 TERS period. ZAR55.6 billion has been disbursed to millions of workers from 1.1-million applications since the first lockdown in March 2020.
Nedbank Account holders:
Nedbank account holders, please take special care when populating Account Type
An incorrect account type will result in failed bank verification and thus unnecessary delays in the release of TERS payments.
Standard Bank Account holders:
All new 11-digit Standard Bank of SA account numbers must be submitted with branch code 051001
11-digit Standard Bank account numbers not submitted with branch 051001 will be rejected irrespective whether the account number in question is a Valid Standard Bank account number or not.
Please, insert either the Enterprise number ( CK / CIPC ) or the ID number of the bank account holder in the TERS on –line portal , in order for further payments to be authorised by the UIF. The ID number of the account holder will only be accepted if the Employer is not required to have the ENTERPRISE NUMBER ( CK / CIPC )
The process to capture the Enterprise Number/ Employer ID Number as follow:
- Log in to the system:
- The system will display the Employer tab details
- Capture Enterprise Number or Employer ID Number
- Click Proceed/Update button
The above is required to verify all banking details before any TERS payments is authorised
Failure to do so will result in further delays in your payment process.
New Login Rules
- Only one user is allowed to access the system per username. If second user will try to access the system while first one is browsing an error message – USER ALREADY LOGGED IN is displayed.
- If you typed incorrect password or username, then you have 2 mins to login with correct username and password. If you failed, the account is locked for 60 mins and you will see the error – USER ALREADY LOGGED IN
- Always sign out to destroy your browsing session.
- If you are getting USER ALREADY LOGGED IN error and you are the only person trying to log in, then wait for 60 mins to automatically clear the session. You will be allowed to login after 60 mins.
- Do not interfere with the URL. This will invalidate your user session and lock you.
- if you cannot access the account for over 60 mins then only contact any uif officials.