The South African Police Service normally invites applications from individuals in the general public who are willing to serve in the force. The service has openings at a wide scope of normal police benefits the country over and any individual can actually apply for these positions.
These positions cut across in every area, and if you join the SAPS, you can either transform into a police official or a non-military workforce agent.
Below are the minimum requirements needed to enter the South African Police Force;
- Candidates should show skill in the post-explicit elements of the post
- Be in control of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and this is for the post of Secretary
- The candidate must have a minimum of Grade 10/ Std 8 qualification (General Worker)
- Basic literacy, numeracy, and communication skills
- Be a SA Citizen
- Be conversant in not less than two authority dialects, of which one should be English.
- The candidate must be free from convictions.
- Candidates will be vetted and this includes security screening and fingerprint verification.
To apply, visit the SAPS website using the URL https://www.saps.gov.za/ and click on the career tab to check out the list of vacancies available.