SABC Education in partnership with the Department of Basic Education launched its Matric Results service on the 31st of December 2020 and will run until 28 February 2021.
The SABC Education Matric Results service will release the results to all students across all provinces who have registered using the SMS or USSD on 23 February 2021.
Learners are encouraged to pre-register using the SABC Education Matric Results service.
Below are guidelines of how learners can register to receive their 2020 Matric Results:
• SMS your exam number to 45856
• The system verifies the exam number; your exam number must be correct in order to be accepted.
• Learners will be charged R1-50 per SMS, free SMS’s do not apply
• Dial *120*45856# enter exam number to register
• You will be charged R1-50 per minute
• Results will be sent to your phone once they are available
by MATRICSMATE APP
• Download for free from Google Play and Apple App Stores
Should learners have queries relating to registration and the use of the SABC Education Matric Results service, they can contact the call centre on 011 507 4630 Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. However, on the day of the release, the call center will operate from midnight to 5pm.
Embargo on the publication of results:
The 2020 National Senior Certificate (NSC) examination results will be released at the different schools at 08:00 on Tuesday, 23 February 2021. These results will be made available to the media houses and Service Providers on Monday, 22 February 2021, at 07:00.
The publication of results will be embargoed until 06:00 on Tuesday, 23 February 2021 for all PEDs results, except in the Western Cape.
The Western Cape data will be released to the media houses and Service Providers on Tuesday, 23 February 2021 at 12:00.