Trinidad and Tobago is a dual-island Caribbean nation near Venezuela, with distinctive Creole traditions and cuisines. Trinidad’s capital, Port of Spain, hosts a boisterous carnival featuring calypso and soca music. Numerous bird species inhabit sanctuaries such as the Asa Wright Nature Centre. The smaller island of Tobago is known for its beaches and the Tobago Main Ridge Forest Reserve, which shelters hummingbirds.
The Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) is designed to provide certification of the academic, vocational and technical achievement of students in the Caribbean who, having completed a minimum of five years of secondary education, wish to further their studies.
The examinations address the skills and knowledge acquired by students under a flexible and articulated system where subjects are organized in one-Unit or two-Unit courses with each Unit containing three Modules. Subjects examined under CAPE may be studied concurrently or singly.
The Caribbean Examinations Council offers three types of certification. The first is the award of a certificate showing each CAPE Unit completed. The second is the CAPE diploma, awarded to candidates who have satisfactorily completed at least six Units, including Caribbean Studies. The third is the CAPE Associate Degree, awarded for the satisfactory completion of a prescribed cluster of seven CAPE Units including Caribbean Studies and Communication Studies. For the CAPE diploma and the CAPE Associate Degree, candidates must complete the cluster of required Units within a maximum period of five years.
Below are top 10 best CAPE Schools in Trinidad & Tobago for 2019
10. ASJA Boys’ College
ASJA Boys’ College is a Muslim secondary school in San Fernando Trinidad and Tobago. There are four houses within the school. These are Afraaz- Orange Shuja- Blue Jesh- Red Akeel- Green.
9. Bishop Anstey High School
Bishop Anstey High School is a government-assisted all-girls secondary school in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, that was founded by the Anglican Bishop Arthur Henry Anstey and opened on January 13, 1921.