uFiling is a secure Online system introduced to Employers to register, declare and pay UIF contributions. Employees can also use the system to apply for benefits such as unemployment, maternity, and illness.
WHY USE UFILING?
UIF’s uFiling service allows you to make secure contributions to your monthly UIF obligations. It also allows employers to update their employees’ salary details in order for their claims to reflect clearly and be accepted in terms of relief funding.
The service is free to use, and you have an option of either using the Debit Order payment type or Credit Push payment type to the four major South African banking institutions. Selecting the Credit Push payment type requires you to have an Internet Banking facility to allow authorisation of the UIF contributions from uFiling.
How to Login as an Existing User
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to ufiling Online Login Portal and click “Login”
HOW TO ACCESS THE UFILING PORTAL TO LOGIN OR REGISTER
uFiling Registration Process
In order to use the uFiling website and services, you need to complete a registration process to obtain your own unique log in name and password.
- Open a browser and go to www.ufiling.co.za to access the home page. Click on “REGISTER” in the top right-hand corner to review the terms and conditions for use of the Unemployment Insurance Fund portal. You need to accept the terms and conditions and then click on “Continue” to proceed.
- Complete all the required information and click on “Register”. This will send the captured data to the UIF for verification.
- When you receive the activation message via your preferred method of contact, click on the link provided to activate your account.
- Use the username and temporary password provided in the email or SMS to log in to your new uFiling account.
- After your first login, the system will prompt you to change your password.
- For security reasons, you will then have to complete a vetting process by confirming demographic information about yourself, which will be compared to the data available to the Department of Labour.
- If any of the questions are answered incorrectly, a message will appear to indicate that you failed the vetting process. Please contact uFiling Support through the “UIF Services Support”.
- Once you successfully completed vetting, you will be directed to a page where you can update your personal details before you can proceed to the uFiling website.