Once a prospective student successfully submits his or her WITS online application, all that is left is to keep checking on the application to ascertain whether the application was successful or not. Checking the status of the application can be done in simple steps and this is what we will be discussing in this article.
University of the Witwatersrand Application Status
It takes some weeks for a decision to be made concerning one’s application. The statuses of applications keep changing in the course of time. An application can have the following statuses;
- Pending – This is the stage when one’s application is yet to be reviewed.
- Admitted – At this stage, your application is successful and you are on the verge of studying at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Denied – Sorry if you get this because it means your application was not successful and you will need to apply once again during the next application period.
To check the status of your application, do the following;
- Visit the URL https://self-service.wits.ac.za/
- Once it opens, you would be required to enter your student ID and password.
- Once you enter these details, proceed to click on the submit button
- For applicants, your student ID is your Person Number and your password is your date of birth in the format YYMMDD format.
Should there be a need to contact the call center, you can do so on the number
University of the Witwatersrand Application Prospectus
The WITS prospectus has all that a prospective student needs to know about the university. You will have the chance to see all the programmes of study as well as the available residences. Below are the links to the prospectus for both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Undergraduate – https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/guide-for-undergraduates/. In addition to the above, everything about the undergraduate admission can be seen using the URL https://www.wits.ac.za/undergraduate/
- Postgraduate – The University of Witwatersrand offers postgraduate studies at both the Masters and PhD level. These programmes can be done either full-time or part-time and this depends on the particular degree and by coursework. The postgraduate guide can be obtained via the URL https://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/postgraduate-guide/. Additionally, everything about postgraduate applications can be seen via the URL https://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/.
About the University of the Witwatersrand
The University of Witwatersrand is located in Johannesburg. The institution is a multi-campus South African public research university and it has its roots in the mining industry. The school was established in the year 1896 and at the initial stages, it was known as the South African School of Mines. WITS is the third oldest South African university in continuous operation.