As one of the prestigious Universities in Africa, the University of Cape Town makes use of an online portal to serve its prospective students. In this article, we would be looking at how prospective students can successfully apply to the University of Cape Town through the online portal.
Brief Biography About University Of Cape
The University of Cape Town is known as UCT for short. The renowned institution is a public research university and as the name implies, it is located in Cape Town, South Africa. The prestigious academic facility was founded in 1829 as the South African College. It is the oldest higher education institute in South Africa. The educational facility became a fully-fledged university in 1918 and this makes it the oldest university in South Africa as well as the oldest extant university in Sub-Saharan Africa together with Stellenbosch University. The institution consists of 57 departments which are categorized into 6 faculties. Its student population is around 30000 and academic programs offered at the university are centered around liberal arts and pure sciences. The university offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Its student community can be termed as a vibrant one and currently, there are over 100 societies and clubs on campus. The University of Cape Town is the highest-ranked African university in the QS World University Rankings, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Additionally, its faculties like the Commerce faculty, Law faculty, and Medicine faculty are placed among the top 100 best university faculties across the world.
Requirements To Apply University Of Cape Town
For your University of Cape Town online application to be very successful, you will need to attach some supporting documents.
These documents are;
- Your completed application form
- Your academic records/results of the last educational level you completed.
- Your ID (a photocopy)
- A copy of your academic transcript if available
- Proof that you have paid the required application fee.
How To Apply Online To University Of Cape Town
As mentioned earlier, we would be taking a look at how a prospective student can apply online to the University of Cape Town. To get your application done, do the following;
- Visit the URL https://applyonline.uct.ac.za
- Once it opens, you will be required to choose an option that is applicable to you. The options are Undergraduate admission, Postgraduate admission and Semester Study Abroad
- Click the one that applies to you to start your application.
Guidelines Involved In Applying Online
Before you can apply, you must note the following;
- You must have an email address readily available as you will be using it to create your account. Vital information will also be shared via this email address you will provide.
- As a South African applicants, you will required to provide your ID number. On the part of foreign applicants, they will be required to input their passport number.
- All applicants are required to register for the National Benchmark Tests before they can register.
- When applying as an undergraduate student, you have the option to do it online or offline. The case is different for postgraduate applicants as they only way they can apply is only via online processes.
NB: If you might want more information and inquiries, you can do so by contacting the University of Cape Town (UCT) using the institution’s official website. The URL of the website is www.uct.ac.za. You will be exposed to a wide range of products and services offered at the university at the website.