What are the most popular and best Universities in Jamaica? indapaper tries to answer this question by publishing the 2020 Jamaican University Ranking of 10 Jamaican higher-education institutions meeting the following selection criteria:
- being chartered, licensed or accredited by the appropriate Jamaican higher education-related organization
- offering at least four-year undergraduate degrees (bachelor degrees) or postgraduate degrees (master or doctoral degrees)
- delivering courses predominantly in a traditional, face-to-face, non-distance education format
Our aim is to provide a non-academic League Table of the top Jamaican Universities based on valid, unbiased and non-influenceable web metrics provided by independent web intelligence sources rather than data submitted by the Universities themselves.
10. University College of The Caribbean
The University College of The Caribbean, is Jamaica’s largest privately held tertiary education consortium.
This university was founded in 2004.
Their motto is; Breaking New Frontiers in Higher Education
9. Saint Joseph’s Teachers’ College
St. Joseph’s Teachers’ College is a Roman Catholic teacher training college in Kingston, Jamaica.
It was founded in 1897 by the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany a religious order for women in the Roman Catholic Church in Jamaica
The college is located at 16 Old Hope Rd, Kingston 5, Jamaica.
8. Bethlehem Moravian College
Bethlehem Moravian College is a college located in Malvern, Jamaica.
The college grants the bachelor’s degree in primary and secondary education, business studies, and hospitality and tourism management.
The college is located at Malvern to Southfield Rd, Malvern, Jamaica.
Their motto is; Mihi Cura Futuri (“My Care is for the Future”).
7. The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean is one of Jamaica’s largest privately held tertiary education institutions operating 7 campuses: in six parishes across Jamaica.
Founded in 2004.
Their motto is; Fostering Leadership & Innovation.
6. International University of the Caribbean
The International University of the Caribbean was founded by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands in November 2005.
The university is located at 47 Old Hope Rd, Kingston, Jamaica.
Their motto is; Seek Peace, Pursue Excellence.